2011 is just around the corner and this usually means new weight loss resolutions being created. For long term health, it is important to follow a proper weight loss program that includes exercise. If you are looking for ways to help you lose weight fast and keep it off, here are 10 tips to help you lose weight fast.
Following the tips below will help you to lose weight fast and promote better health and fitness. By following the tips below, you will be able to lose unwanted fat fast. In order to lose at least 10 pounds fast to start off with, you will need to pay close attention to your food consumption. These tips will also enable you to boost your metabolism which is necessary to burn more calories per day. If you burn more calories a day than you consume, you will end up losing weight fast.
1. An important step to help you lose weight fast is to keep a food diary of everything you eat per day. This requires commitment and this is something that you should be willing to do if weight loss is a priority for you. If you have excess fat and are on your way to obesity, you need to make your health a priority and keeping a food diary will help you take control of what you eat and drink and experience rapid weight loss.
2. Limit or completely eliminate your sugar intake. Pay attention to food labels to identify the level of sugar content in the food you buy.
3. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it will help you to kick start your metabolism that will allow you to burn more calories per day. Increasing your metabolic rate should become important for weight loss. Make sure that you consume breakfast everyday and if you are pressed for time, a diet smoothie is a good option.
4. Plan to have at least one lunch and dinner every week that contains no cheese or meat. Try to consume entire meals that are built around vegetables, legumes as well as whole grains. Adding more fiber to your diet especially in the form of whole grains will enable you to fill fuller sooner and avoid excess food consumption. Fiber will also allow your body to expel excess waste and toxins in the body quickly.
5. Reduce your intake of bad fats such as trans fats and increase your intake of good fats such as omega 3 fats that are contained in foods such as salmon.
6. Drink between six to ten eight ounce glasses of water every day and reduce or eliminate drinks such as juices, sodas, alcohol, etc. Water helps to keep you hydrated as well as eliminate disease causing toxins and waster from the body. A glass of hot water with some lemon is a great way to start the day.
7. Learn to eat food slowly. This is because your body is slow at registering when you are full and this may lead to you eating too much and hurrying through your meals to your detriment.
8. Another tip to lose weight fast is to reduce the fat content in the dairy products that you consume. Switch to 2% milk and choose cheese and yogurt products that contain reduced fat levels. Plain yogurt is usually the best option in any weight loss program.
9. Include at least two servings of vegetables and fruit at lunch and dinner. Another way to ensure that you consume the required daily amount of fruits and vegetables is to make a healthy smoothie using your favorite fruits and vegetables. This will also ensure that no part of the fruits and vegetables are discarded.
10. If you are looking for a healthy snack between meals, try eating grated carrots. Consuming grated carrots has been found to be even more filling than consuming a whole carrot.
To enable fast weight loss and to ensure that you eat the right foods, plan all your meals ahead of time as well as your shopping. This will ensure that you do not impulse buy simply because you are starving and ruin your diet goals. Also ensure that you do not grocery shop on an empty stomach. We are what we eat so make better choices and you shall have the weight loss that you desire.